Huxford Symphony Orchestra- Fall ’21 Cello Auditions
Sign up for an audition time here
I. Solo: A short solo piece of your choice: an exposition from a standard concerto, or an unaccompanied Bach suite or similar work. Maximum 5 minutes in duration.
II. Orchestral Excerpts (attached):
*Those auditioning for Principal, play all excerpts- principal and section. If you are not auditioning for Principal, play only your solo piece and the section excerpts.
1) Strauss, Don Juan- Beginning to ms. 49
2) Strauss, Don Quixote- ms. 721-739
1) Mendelssohn- Scherzo from A Midsummer Nights Dream
2) Debussy- La Mer
• Principal audition- play top part
• Section audition- play either the top part, or one of the lower parts.