The University of Alabama School of Music, a vital component of the Capstone, boasts an extensive and comprehensive educational experience. Over 44 full-time faculty members instruct and mentor more than 400 majors at both undergraduate and graduate levels, encompassing every major discipline in the field of music.
The School of Music occupies the splendid Frank Moody Music Building. Since its opening in 1987, the Moody Music Building has become one of our university’s most important cultural facilities.
Our School of Music is more than a collection of curricula and facilities; it is a community with a unique culture that has evolved over the past century.
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Music (B.M.) in Composition, Jazz Studies, Music Therapy, Performance, and Theory
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Musical Audio Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.E.) in Music Education (Instrumental or Choral)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Music Administration or General Music
Graduate Degree Programs
- Master of Music (M.M.) in Arranging, Composition, Conducting (Wind & Choral), Musicology, Performance, and Theory
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Music Education
- Doctor of Musical Arts (D.M.A.) in Conducting (Wind & Choral), Composition, and Performance
- Education Specialist (EdS) in Secondary Education/Music Education Emphasis
- Doctor of Education (EdD) in Secondary Education/Music Education Emphasis
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Secondary Education/Music Education Emphasis
Learn more about us by browsing this website and connecting with us on social media: